Arc System Support
ARC BASIC COMPONENTS
Arc is a curved panel sign system consisting of a black metal frame with removable copy inserts secured by non-removable edge rails.
Multi-inserts are separated by black accent strips that are available in other painted colors and satin natural faux-aluminum finish. Tamper-resistant inserts are removable with a suction cup. Enjoy all of the standard insert materials including paint, wood laminate, faux aluminum and paper. Copy options include both ADA-compliant and non-ADA applications.
- Material: Powder-coated steel holder
- Color: The standard frame color is black. Other painted colors available.
- Size: Horizontal Arc signs are available in standard widths of 4″, 8.5″, 11″, 14″ and 17″ with any height 2” to 92”. Vertical Arc signs can be of any width 2” to 92” with standard heights of 4″, 8.5″, 11″, 14″ and 17″. Custom sizes are available.
- Configuration: Arc sign is available with a horizontal or vertical arc direction.
- Application: The frame holds the structural backer which supports inserts and accent strips.
- Material: Painted PETG, faux-aluminum or wood-grain laminate, and paper with protective lens.
- Size: Inserts range in height from 1” to 24”.
- Configuration: Insert configurations with vertical cuts are not available for Arc signs with a horizontal arc. Insert configurations with horizontal cuts are not available for Arc signs with a vertical arc.
- Application: Inserts are removable with suction cup.
- Copy: Inserts are available blank and with copy. Copy applications include direct print, vinyl, laser print, subsurface, engraved, integral ADA, applied ADA and subsurface ADA.
Edge Rail Details
- Material: Satin natural aluminum finish or painted color.
- Configuration: Edge rail placement is left/right of horizontal arcs and top/bottom of vertical arcs.
- Application: Edge rails capture the insert and are non-removable.
Accent Strip Details
- Material: Standard material is black ABS plastic accent strips. Also available in satin natural faux-aluminum finish or painted color.
- Size: Each accent strip is 1/8” and adds to the overall height of horizontal Arc signs and to the overall width of vertical Arc signs.
- Application: Accent strips separate multiple inserts on Arc signs.
1. Select Profile
Horizontal or vertical curve.
Choose Arc System copy inserts with a horizontal or vertical curve to accommodate your information. The tamper-resistant inserts can be removed with a suction cup. All signs have an internal structural backer to add extra support to copy inserts.
Note: Edge rails capture the inserts. Therefore, inserts can only run the same direction as the arc.
2. Determine Sign Type
Select sign size and insert configuration.
How to Read Part Number
Initial Letter Portion: Insert area (exposed area only); height by width
Letter Portion: Insert configuration
For example, a 2x6B sign measures 2″ high by 6″ wide, with two-1″x6″ inserts. Arc signs with multiple inserts are separated by a 1/8″ high accent strip for a total height of 2 1/8″ high. Inserts are captured by edge rails approximately 1/2″ wide, for a total width of approximately 7″.
Note: Insert configurations with horizontal cuts are not available for Arc signs with a vertical arc.
3. Pick Finishes
Choose from 100 standard materials.
Choose from the following:
- Painted PETG (Prism, Metallics and Custom Colors)
- Woodgrain Laminate (Woods)
- Faux-Aluminum (Metals)
- GloSign (Photoluminscent)
- Subsurface (Graphics and paint secured behind Lexan)
- Jewel (Subsurface Paint)
- ADA Photopolymer (Integral dimensional graphics top-coated)
- ADA Subsurface (Integral dimensional graphics painted subsurface)
- Create Your Own
View Laser Print Template Downloads
Edge Rail Finish
Choose from the following:
- Satin Aluminum
4. Select Graphics
Create one-of-a-kind graphics.
Choose from eight copy options including our newest and most popular, Direct Print. For ADA compliancy, we offer three ADA copy options to fit a variety of insert materials and needs.
Photopolymer is adhered to an insert base to make a one-piece sign with sharp images and precise details. Insert is painted to match our standard Prism and Metallic colors and can also be color-matched.
ADA – Applied
Applied graphics use standard inserts to provide color and texture consistent with other non-ADA facility signage. Applied is the standard ADA copy option for laminates and custom materials.
Subsurface graphics are sealed with a laminate, producing raised images with rounded edges for a “soft touch” look and feel. Only available in vinyl colors noted with an asterisk on the color chart and not available in metallic colors. Insert color is also subsurface.
Our most popular copy application is direct print. VOC-free, ultra-violet cured inks are digitally printed directly to insert material. Recommended for photo-quality graphics and logos.
Surface-applied vinyl is our traditional copy option, offering you the flexibility to remove obsolete messages and reuse copy inserts. Available in select gloss colors and all standard or custom matte colors.
Laser print graphics are available on paper inserts and protected by a clear lens. Customer may order pre-printed paper inserts or print their own. Standard paper colors are available in popular insert sizes; other sizes may require longer lead times.
Reverse-cut print is applied to the back of polycarbonate. Insert is back sprayed with paint and secured with high-performance adhesive in an aluminum extruded carrier.
Engraved copy is available in black or white. ABS inserts are painted any standard or custom color, and the engraved copy letters show up in the original color of the insert.
Choose from a large selection of visual and decorative fonts along with several ADA-compliant fonts. If you don’t see your favorite, contact Client Services for more options.
Download Copy Style Spec Sheet
Download Laser Print Copy Style Spec Sheet
Choose from over 80 standard colors. Don’t see the color you need? Give us a ring, we’ll color-match it for you.
Worried about meeting ADA requirements? Worry no more.
2/90 recommends choosing a copy size no more than half the height of the insert to accommodate letters that drop below the baseline. Copy size is also determined by the message and insert length. Use our copy capacity chart for reference.
Download Copy Capacity Chart Spec Sheet
Indicate (L) for left, (C) for center and (R) for right margin. Copy position may be further defined by adding (U) for upper and (L) for lower justification.
The default copy case is for upper and lower characters with the exception of ADA copy which is all caps.Specify abbreviation for desired copy case: Upper and Lower Case (U/L) ALL CAPS (AC) all lower case (LC) AS typed (AT)
5. Choose Mounting Options
Installation that works.
The Arc Modular Sign System includes 17 standard mounting options to meet a variety of installation applications for wall, office furniture, vertical surfaces and ceilings.
Illustrations depict mount with the Standard Slide Modular Sign System; Thin Slide, Arc and Klik mounts may vary. Custom mounting options are available.
6. Optional Accessories
Dress up your sign.
2/90’s sign systems are the most versatile sign products on the market. This allows our products to accommodate needs in the market place. Here are a few of our standard options. Do you have another need? Let us know, maybe it will become our next standard option!
Arc signs with multiple inserts have accent strips applied to the structural backer to separate the inserts. While the standard color of the accent strips is black, you can add contrast to your design by painting the accent strips another color or selecting satin natural faux-aluminum finish.
Material: Standard material is black ABS plastic accent strips. Also available in satin natural faux-aluminum finish or painted color.
Size: Each accent strip is 1/8” and adds to the overall height of horizontal Arc signs and to the overall width of vertical Arc signs.
Application: Accent strips separate multiple inserts on Arc signs.
Does your sign need the flexibility to display multiple messages? Sliding inserts reveal or conceal messages when needed. Typically used to indicate availability in conference or meeting rooms, any sign with an insert ranging from 1″ to 4″ high can be used as a sliding insert.
SmartStrips™ hold messages securely, providing a flexible solution for temporary room identification, notifications, or an in-box. To remove the message, simply lift it up and slide to side.
SmartStrips™ are available as an integral part of the sign or sold separately. When purchased separately, they can be installed next to a sign or used alone to hold messages or postings. SmartStrip™ accepts laminated messages.
Available in Satin Natural Aluminum finish with black caps.
Download SmartStrip™ Instructions
Signs with dry erase material can benefit from choosing a Pen Holder to house the elusive dry erase marker.
Pen holder is mill finished aluminum, painted black. Other colors are available.